So whats the big deal? Do you really need to be a part of this “phenomenon”? Is it worth investing in? The answer to both those questions is a resounding YES.
Maintaining a social media presence can be invaluable for your business. Not only does it put your business where your customers are, but it gives them a direct conduit to interact with you. It also gives you a direct line to market to and interact with current and future clients. It puts your business in front of literally thousands of faces that would otherwise most likely never hear of you.
Some other reasons why Social Media is a good idea:
1. Quick results – with social media you can develop content and be seen by thousands of visitors within the same day.
2. Flexible – Whatever your needs and your audience, there should be an option to use social media for your benefit.
3. Predictable – once you know a social media audience pretty well, you can cater content to their preferences with a pretty high success rate. What you learn about social media can easily be duplicated to your other blogs or to serving clients.
4. Increased traffic – success with social media will likely increase the number of inbound links you receive. Links will boost your search engine rankings and they’ll also drive click-through traffic your way. Both are generally high quality traffic sources.
If your business is not utilising Social Media, you are missing a valuable opportunity!
5. it can Tie in with your website, so when people visit your website they can see you latest posts on Facebook/Twitter and so on. meaning that you don't have to change your website every time you want to let people know about an event/product.
6. Social Media is FREE (unless you wish to advertise). so all it will cost is you time.